STEP 1: Fill out Side A or Side B of the application form
Fill out the Side A Application Form
if you file income tax.
You will need to provide your Notice of Assessment or pages 1-4 of your income tax return. (Note: if you remain in Saskatchewan and continue to file taxes, your coverage will be automatically re-assessed each year based on your new income and new drug costs.)
Fill our the Side B Application Form
if you did not file income tax.
You will need to provide documents to prove your income (eg. T4s, scholarship information, pension information). You may choose to provide the most recent 3 months of your bank statements along with a letter explaining your annual income. (Note: you will need to re-apply every year to stay in the program.STEP 2: Submit the application
Submit your completed application and income documentation to Sask Health by email, mail or bring to our pharmacy to fax. Sask Health mailing address and email is listed on the top right corner of the application form.STEP 3: You will receive a letter in the mail from Sask Health stating your coverage
STEP 4: Submit the letter to your insurance plan (if the application was requested by your insurance)
- It may take 4-8 weeks for your application to be processed then you will receive a letter in the mail explaining your level of coverage.
- The letter will be mailed to the address you have listed with Saskatchewan Health.
- The coverage will be automatically connected to your health card, and the coverage will be automatically applied when the pharmacy fills your prescriptions.
- If you need to have your application processed urgently, please talk to our pharmacists.
- If requested by Student Plan, take letter to the Student Plan office (next to the pharmacy) or submit to Student Plan by email or fax.
- If another private insurnace requested you to apply, submit the letter to your insurance plan office.